Whether you need to shore up your privacy, define property borders, finish your landscape palette, or create your own getaway, a fence can be a versatile asset in your yard. Beyond the practicalities of planning and budgeting, think about how you can dress up your fencing in Fairfax, VA to break away from the ordinary.
Every now and again you slip into someone’s fenced back yard and discover another world. It could be brightly colored glass, or an arbor loaded with bougainvillaea. Maybe the twinkling lights, or a collection of antique gardening tools. Really, it could be just about anything that catches your eye or captures your fancy. There are endless ideas for every personality and budget. Take a look at this short list, then get creative.
- An arbor integrates seamlessly with many fencing styles, while trellises in all shape and sizes coax shy and exuberant creepers alike
- If you’re interested in dressing up your fencing in Fairfax, VA and eating local, check out a sustainable hanging vegetable and herb garden – perfect for smaller spaces
- Use strands of white lights, or something funky like those lights shaped like chili peppers or Chinese lanterns for a festive feel
- Fill the available space in front of your fence for depth and transition with items like old wagons, stacks of wooden fruit crates, or large clay jars filled with fragrant annuals and trailing vines
- Drilling simple holes in your wood fencing and filling with brightly multicolored glass marbles that glow in the sun is a delightful way to dress up your fencing in Fairfax
- Scour your local antique or thrift stores for unusual items that contribute to a favorite theme or can be re-purposed to add whimsy and function, such as old musical instruments that sing a new song bursting with notes of lavender and honeysuckle
There are many ways to dress up your fencing to add character and charm. Once you start to incorporate fence decorations you’ll wonder why you waited so long to dress up your fencing in Fairfax, VA.