When it comes a time that you want to enclose your property with fencing in Alexandria, VA you will need to first decide on a good fence contractor. Things to ask yourself before you look for a fence contractor are:
• What type of materials do you want for your fence?
• How much time do you want to spend maintaining your fence?
• What about the type of weather you have in Alexandria, VA?
• Is your land flat or sloped or both?
• Do you want a privacy fence for added security or do you just want to mark your territory?
Keeping these things in mind, here are some tips for deciding on a fence contractor for your fence installation in Alexandria, VA.
Ask your friends and co-workers to recommend a good fence contractor in Alexandria, VA. Ride around your neighborhood and when you see something you like, inquire who their fence contractor was that installed their fence. Question those who are giving their recommendations about a particular fence contractor:
• Were they pleased with the fence contractor’s work?
• Was the installation finished on time and within budget?
• Was the contractor easy to work with and willing and able to answer their questions
• Was the price reasonable?
• Did they clean up when the work was completed?
Once you get a few fence contractor’s names together, call them and set up an appointment for them to come out to your Alexandria, VA home and walk the premises of where you would like your fence installed. Listen carefully in case they give you suggestions of how the installation needs to be done if you have a tree in the fence line or a sloped area. A good fence contractor in Alexandria, VA should be able to recommend the best way to acquire your needs for fencing and stay within the budget you have figured.
An Alexandria, VA fence contractor should be able to give you an estimate in writing after coming to your home. Make sure everything is included in the price including the description of the materials, hardware, labor, and cleanup. Inquire who will get the necessary permits and if that is included in their price.
Be kind to your neighbors in Alexandria, VA and inform them that you are planning on adding a fence around your property by a licensed and insured fence contractor. This way there are no disputes about boundary lines and your neighbors are well aware in advance of what your intentions are for your fence installation.