If you plan to hire a fence installer it is important to do your research before you make a final decision. Researching and selecting a competent fence installer in Northern Virginia is a simple process.
- Ask for referrals. Despite constant communication capabilities, word of mouth still delivers when it comes to finding local services and fence installers you can trust.
- Explore each fence installer’s website. It is a valuable portal into their culture, practices, and philosophy. Can you communicate easily? Do you know the protocols followed by the fence installer regarding footers and engineering, invoicing and payments, or how to initiate changes to your fence plan?
- Check unbiased resources like the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and referral services like Angie’s List to explore the reputation of every fence installer on your list.
- Verify current licenses, insurance coverage, and industry certifications necessary to fill product warranty requirements.
- Investigate customer references for projects similar to yours. These are your best source of first hand experience with fence installers in Northern Virginia.
- Ask to visit properties to check the quality of workmanship, inquire how issues were resolved during your their fence installation.
Once your research targets qualified candidates, ask about standard company practices, construction methods and protocols for communication, problem resolution, and emergency planning. A qualified fence installer in Northern Virginia will answer the following questions:
- Are there written standards of conduct for all fence installation employees?
- Will there be a full-time supervisor on site?
- Do you offer a money back guarantee?
- Are fencing materials and labor both under warranty?
- Do you have design and engineering professionals in-house?
- What happens if there is an on-site emergency?
- Do you have sub-contractors on site?
- What happens if changes to the contract are required?
Some fence installers specialize in specific fencing materials, such as wrought iron, while others in an industrial application, like agriculture. You’ll find most fence installers in Northern Virginia are experienced at installing a wide selection of materials in a variety of settings.
Before you begin planning a new fence, use these research guidelines to make sure you find a qualified fence installer in Northern Virginia.