Deck railings aren’t just about safety – they’re also an important visual element of your Annandale, Sterling, or Arlington deck. The type of deck railing you choose has a huge affect on the overall appearance of your deck. There are many different deck railing options that not only provide safety, but also complement your deck design and landscape, as well as accommodate your budget.
When picking a deck railing style, decide what type of material you want your railings to be and consider the maintenance involved with that material. Take into account how to connect the balusters or main railing posts to your deck for optimum aesthetic effect. Deck railings come in many shapes and lines, as they can be straight, twisted, or angled.
Many Northern Virginia homeowners opt for wood or composite deck railings. Custom wood deck railings come in any shape or size you can imagine, while composite deck railings are generally made from PVC, vinyl, or a resin composite of recycled materials. Composite railings are relatively maintenance free and come in a wide range of colors and textures. Unlike wood railings, composite railings do not have to be re-stained.
For a more modern twist, consider glass panels to serve as your deck railings. Glass panels are attached to the posts and allow those on your deck to enjoy a full view of your landscape. Metal deck railings, including wrought iron, steel, and aluminum provide a sense of strength and security to your deck, while still allowing an ample view of your landscape.
For more deck design tips and ideas, contact Hal Co Fence. Established in 1981, Hal Co Fence is a fence and deck contractor that has installed thousands of quality fences, decks, and screened porches throughout the Northern Virginia area, in such communities as Leesburg, Great Falls, and Occoquan.
- Why a Deck Builder is Highly Recommended for Arlington, VA Homeowners
- Finding a Reputable Deck Builder in Washington, D.C.
- Wood Deck Builder Adds Outdoor Rooms With a View in Manassas, VA
- Budgeting for Decks in Northern Virginia
- Wood Deck vs. Patio Options for Homeowners in Manassas, VA
- How to Choose the Best Deck Builder in Arlington, VA
- Proper Rapport with Your Deck Contractor in Washington, D.C. is Essential
- Selecting a Wood Deck Builder in Leesburg, VA
- Suggestions for Hiring a Deck Building Contractor in Washington, DC
- Considerations Before You Build a Deck in Warrenton, VA
- Planning to Build a Deck in Gainesville, VA?
- Discuss Permitting Before Hiring a Deck Builder in Washington, D.C.
- When You Build a Deck in Leesburg, VA, Planning Details are Critical
- Are All Deck Builders in Arlington, VA the Same?
- Build a Deck in Washington, DC with Engineering Privacy
- Five Important Things to Know Before You Build a Deck
- A Deck or Patio for Your Northern VA Home?
- Want a "Green" Deck in Arlington, VA?
- Indoor Outdoor Spaces
- Screen Porches In Northern Virginia, Where Design Is As Important As Function
- A Unique Northern Virginia Deck Experience With the Right Lighting
- Your Deck Contractor's Reputation Makes All The Difference in Northern Virginia
- Choosing The Right Deck Contractor In Northern Virginia
- Northern Virginia Decks Can Be Adorned with Many Outdoor Furniture Materials
- Safety Tips to Follow When You Build a Deck in Arlington, VA
- How to Prevent a Deadly Collapse Involving Custom Decks
- What else can a deck contractor do for you?
- Deck Safety Checks
- Pool Safety
- Decks, Cookouts and Grilling Safely
- How to Preserve Your Deck in Reston, VA with Proper Deck Maintenance
- Preserving Your Wood Deck in Reston, VA
- Removing Mold From Your Composite Deck
- Deck Care and Fence Maintenance Tips
- How to Maintain Your Wood Decks And Fences
- Save Your Northern Virginia Deck from Winter Weather Damage
- General Cleaning and Care For Your Composite Deck
- Working With a Professional Deck Builder in Gainesville, VA
- How to Make a Custom Deck Stand Out in Leesburg, VA
- A Deck Contractor in Manassas, VA - Check Them Out
- How to Benefit From a Custom Deck Builder in Washington, D.C.
- Before You Build a Deck in Leesburg, VA, Check Out This Years Design Trends
- Preparing for Your New Deck Installation in Great Falls, VA
- Planning Your Wood Deck in Leesburg, VA
- Hiring a Qualified Deck Contractor for Washington, DC Deck Projects
- Maximize Your Wood Deck's Potential
- Before Revitalizing or Building Custom Decks Explore Fresh Design Options
- Top 10 Things to Consider when You Build Your Deck
- Fence Post Caps Add Elegant Touch to Fences, Decks
- Designing the Northern Virginia Deck of Your Dreams
- Decorating Tips for Your Northern Virginia Deck
- Choosing The Right Deck Design For Your Ashburn, VA Home
- Landscaping Ideas Around Your Northern Virginia Deck
- Railing Options for Northern Virginia Decks
- Transform Your Northern Virginia Deck into a Private Retreat
- Tips About Composite Decks For Gainesville, VA, Homeowners
- The Beauty of Capped Composite Decks for Manassas, VA, Homeowners
- What’s Behind The Growing Popularity of Composite Decks in Arlington, VA?
- What Is Composite Decking Made Of — And Is Right For Your Northern Virginia Lifestyle
- Composite Decking Brings Low Maintenance Beauty to Your Northern Virginia Home
- Consider Composite Decking as a Low Maintenance Option for Your Northern Virginia Home
- Vinyl Decking Offers Northern Virginia Homeowners Durability and Low Maintenance
- What is Pressure-Treated Wood for Decking?
- Red Cedar Offers Natural Strength, Durability as a Decking Material