How to Clean Composite Decks in Spotsylvania County, VASaturday, October 31st, 2020
Composite decks at homes in Spotsylvania County, VA are durable and low maintenance. It can be easily cleaned using ordinary household items such as—
- A bottle of dish soap (Dawn is recommended),
- a medium stiff, nylon broom or brush,
- and a bucket of water.
Along with the above items, follow these simple steps to clean composite decks for homes in Spotsylvania County, VA.
- To ensure nothing gets in the way and to make it easier, remove all the furniture, décor, and any accessories such as grills and flower pots.
- You will then want to sweep the flooring boards to remove any loose dirt. Do this before applying any water.
- After sweeping, rinse the floor with warm water to prepare the surface for the soap.
- Mix together a solution of water and dish soap; the consistency should be similar to how you would wash dishes in your kitchen sink.
- Immerse the brush head inside the bucket of soapy water and start cleaning your composite deck at your Spotsylvania County, VA home. Scrub the entire flooring boards with the soapy solution using pressure to get into grooves and clean away any tough dirt and grime.
- After the entire composite deck has been thoroughly scrubbed, rinse away any remaining soapy water and remaining dirt.
Once your composite deck has dried, replace the furniture and other items you removed before starting your cleaning project.
Sometimes you may run into a stain that might not be removed with normal soap and water. Most manufacturers have an approved list of cleaners for their composite decks. Check with the composite deck manufacturer for approved, stronger cleaners for stains. Not following your composite deck manufacturer’s recommendations could void your warranty at your home in Spotsylvania County, VA.
Composite decks can also be power washed, but again, you need to follow your decking manufacturer’s recommendations. Normally, a fan tip should be used so it doesn’t damage the surface. Don’t exceed 1500 PSI when pressure washing your composite deck. Some manufacturers allow higher PSI but check to be sure so that you can protect your deck in Spotsylvania County, VA.
If you have any questions or would like to leave your composite deck cleaning to the professionals, call the team a Hal Co Fence, and they will be glad to come to your home in Spotsylvania County, VA, and give you a free no–obligation estimate.