Homeowner’s Requirements for Privacy Fences in Manassas, VAThursday, June 17th, 2021
Everyone is different, and their requirements for a privacy fence will all vary. Some of the more popular requirements that most homeowners in Manassas, VA are looking for include—
- Increase Privacy—The best choice for true privacy fences for homes in Manassas, VA would be fences with little to no space between the boards. The height of your privacy fence will depend on the slope of your yard and your neighbor’s yard. You can get a piece of cardboard the height of the fence you want and have someone hold it up while you walk the perimeter of your yard to see if it is high enough when you stand and sit. If you have an HOA where you live in Manassas, VA, you will have to follow their regulations.
- Stepped design—If you don’t want a tall privacy fence all around your Manassas, VA property, you can step it up or down to get the privacy you want. If you have a special seating area or a hot tub, you can step it up for more privacy and then step it down for the rest of the yard.
- Wind Shield—Maybe you want to block strong winds in your yard at your Manassas, VA home. If this is the case, then any privacy fence with few gaps between the boards should work well. If you are looking only to block the wind around a seating area, the fence can be lowered and raised around where people stand around the grilling area.
- Added Security—For added security at your home in Manassas, VA a taller fence should be used with no places where someone can grip to climb over. Consider using flush boards with no horizontal rails on the outside so intruders can’t climb your fence.
- Blocking Views—Some Manassas, VA homeowners want to block the view from the street or from their neighbors but still want some light to come into the yard. Pick a fence with small gaps between the boards, or even a lattice design will work with lavish plants on both sides for additional privacy.
- Protecting Dogs—Some dogs are jumpers. A 3 to 4 foot privacy fence should work for smaller dogs, but you will need a much higher fence for larger dogs. If your dog is a barker, a solid fence will work better, so his view is blocked from passerbyers or other dogs or cats in the area.
Privacy fences should work for your particular needs. Consider all factors before choosing a specific style privacy fence for your yard in Manassas, VA. Call the team at Hal Co Fence, and they can make recommendations of what would work best for your yar