Maintain the beauty of your wrought iron fence in Great Falls, VA. To keep it strong and beautiful, protect it from the extremes of local weather conditions.
Wrought iron fences in Great Falls, VA can rust when they are exposed to rain and humidity. Apply a protective coat of wax to your wrought iron fence to prevent corrosive rust. If your wrought iron fence sits near a pool, rust is more likely. Applying a protective sealant from any hardware store is a simple maintenance measure that will provide years of rust prevention.
Begin by inspecting your new wrought iron fence for scratches and oxidation following installation. Surface damage allows moisture entry to reach the base metal and causes oxidization areas where moisture accumulates. Places like hinges and joints, fasteners and decorative components are all prone to rust. Spray them with a rust blocker.
Wrought iron fences last longer if they are cleaned on a regular basis. Keeping your wrought iron fence in Great Falls, VA clean will keep it looking great and make it easier to inspect for potential problems.
Here’s how to clean wrought iron fences in Great Falls, VA:
- Spray your wrought iron fence with water.
- With a mixture of warm water and dish detergent use a wire brush and gently scrub away dirt and rust spots.
- Use special effort in hard to reach places – use a toothbrush on your wrought iron fence to get those areas clean.
- Rinse your wrought iron fence with water.
- Let it dry completely.
- Add a coat of protective wax to your wrought iron fence.
For answers about your wrought iron fence in Great Falls, VA, call Armor Fence. With nearly two decades of experience installing wrought iron fences in Armor Fence has the products and installation skills to repair, maintain, or install your wrought iron fence in Great Falls, VA today.