Keep These Things in Mind When Building Fences in Leesburg, VAMonday, July 9th, 2018
The type of fence you choose to install will majorly impact the outside exterior of your home in Leesburg, VA. Your fence installation will also provide the most important benefit to your Leesburg, VA home which is security. Whether you choose wood, chain link or wrought iron fencing, fences can improve your home’s curb appeal, increase privacy, provide security, and protect your home from weather elements.
Before you Build a Fence
- Reasons for install—Fences are usually installed to serve a purpose. Whether your fence is for keeping a dog inside a fenced-in area, having a safe place for young children to play, surrounding a garden area, corralling horses, grazing field for cows or other farm animals, or surrounding a swimming pool setting, you need to choose a fence design and material that will function well at your home in Leesburg, VA.
- Choosing your Material—Choose the material of your fence wisely. Wood fences are great, but they require staining or sealing and can warp over time. Vinyl fences are low maintenance while still offering the look of wood.
- Mix your Fences—If you are on a strict budget, consider a wood picket fence for the front yard of your home in Leesburg, VA and connect it to a less expensive chain-link fence for the backyard. This also reduces the cost and time in maintaining your fence if you did the complete fence in wood.
- Check Building Codes—If you live in a Leesburg, VA neighborhood with an HMO, Homeowners Association, you will want to check with them first before making a final decision on the style and fencing materials. Some HMO’s have strict requirements as to the style and height of your fence.
- Be Neighborly—Notify your Leesburg, VA neighbors as to what your plans are for your fence installation. The last thing you want is a neighborhood feud and who knows, they may want to share a fence with you and share the cost on the side adjoining their property.
Unless you are an avid do-it-yourselfer, you should hire a professional fence company such as Hal Co Fence to install your fence. The team at Hal Co have years of experience and can give you suggestions on any ideas you might have and what type of fencing will benefit you and your family the most at your home in Leesburg, VA.