As with most anything, eventually it needs to be cleaned, and Trex Decks are no different. If you have recently installed a Trex Deck at your Aldie, VA home, you may be wondering how to care for it. Typically, periodic cleaning with soap and water or deck cleaner twice a year is all you need to do to maintain your Trex Deck in Aldie, VA. This should help to retain the beauty of your Trex Decks. Other guidelines you should follow include—
- Dirt and Debris should be cleaned with soap and water.
- Ice and Snow should never be removed with a metal shovel because it may scratch your deck. Whenever calcium chloride or rock salt is used to melt snow and ice, rinse off as soon as the weather allows in Aldie, VA.
- Food, Grease, and Oil should be rinsed with hot water asap. Use Pour-N-Restore according to manufacturer’s instructions for any remaining stains. Test first in a small area as it may remove the colorant for the decking boards.
- Mold and Mildew can be partially eliminated by cleaning Trex Decks twice a year at your home in Aldie, VA. Do this in the Spring and Fall with soap and water. Mold will not harm Trex Decks if allowed to propagate but cleaning periodically when you see mold growth will help to keep Trex Decks looking great year round. A deck cleaner such as Olympic® Premium Deck Cleaner can be used. Always apply to a dry surface. Never mix cleaners. Another non-chlorine alternative to use is UltraMeans®, but it does require scrubbing with a soft brush as soon as you apply the solution. These cleaning solutions should be available at your local home improvement stores in Aldie, VA.
- Power Washing may be used on newer Trex Decks with no greater than 3100 psi that has a fan attachment and soap dispenser for removing dirt. Spray deck with soap and use a soft brush and gently scrub. Rinse with fan tip no closer than 8 inches from the Trex decking surface. Rinse thoroughly. When dirty water is allowed to dry on the decking boards, it can cause a film that will remain on the surface.
Turn to Hal Co Fence for all your fencing and decking needs. They can guide you every step of the way to keep your outside structures in Aldie, VA looking like new.