Home lots in Arlington, VA can be on the small side. If homeowners want to have a deck in Arlington, VA, it will also need to be small. To make the most of small deck design ideas, rethink your square footage with smart ideas to make the best use of the space you have.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Think about how you will use the deck; size and seating options change when you add a grill or other outdoor kitchen items.
- Evaluate the size of the deck; it should scale in proportion to your yard and deck.
- Establish a connection from house to deck and deck to yard; make sure the materials and style are synchronized up with your home and landscape, and there is a natural flow between yard, deck, and home.
- Think vertically as well as horizontally; a small deck can go up to a second floor, adding dining and entertaining space.
- Consider storage; there are ways to create storage space, even on small decks in Arlington, VA.
For more information on small decks in Arlington, VA, please contact Halco Fence, the small decks experts in Arlington, VA. For 36 year’s Halco Fence has specialized in deck design, and construction throughout Arlington, VA, and the rest of Northern Virginia.