Whether you are moving into a new Leesburg, VA home or just added a dog to your family, you will need to make a decision on which fence is best for your family and your dog, traditional dog fences or electronic dog fences.
A traditional dog fence in Leesburg, VA provides a barrier so your pet cannot see who is on the other side. With an electronic in-ground dog fence, you have an underground barrier, but one your dog can see through and others can see back through. Your dog must wear a special collar that senses when he is coming near the perimeter of the yard where the wire is buried. It sounds a warning signal to your dog letting him know he is getting close to the barrier. If he goes too far, he will be corrected which can be adjusted. It only takes about two weeks for dogs to be trained with an electronic fence for your Leesburg, VA home.
Benefits of Traditional and Electronic Dog Fences
- Keeps other animals out of the yard
- Dogs are unable to see through a privacy fence, so they are less apt to bark
- Provides privacy for other family members
- If dogs love chasing other animals, they cannot bust through the barrier like with an electronic fence
- Provides a secure play area for children as well
- Deters loud noises
- Keeps children walking by from approaching your dog
- More freedom for your pet because you can cover more ground for less money
- Easy to install
- Can be put around flower beds or gardens to keep pets out
- Some HOA does not allow traditional fences
- Pet cannot dig under the dog fence or jump over
- Low maintenance requiring only to replace the collar battery and occasionally repair the boundary wire
Things to consider when choosing dog fences?
- Are you willing to work with your dog and train him to use the electronic fence?
- If you have neighbors with dogs, do you want them to come onto your property in Leesburg, VA?
- Sometimes with electronic dog fences, your dog might see another animal and get excited and bust through the fence. Coming back into the perimeter of your yard for your dog means being corrected, so they hesitate from coming back.
- Do you have a great deal of wildlife such as deer around your property in Leesburg, VA that might trigger an anxious dog from getting out of the electronic fence?
Traditional dog fences by far offer much more benefits for all family members including your dog, whereas an electronic dog fence only benefits your dog. Deciding on which dog fence is best for you and your family at your home in Leesburg, VA can best be determined by considering your budget, what other functions do you want a dog fence to achieve for your family, and if you have an HOA, what type of dog fences are allowed.