Vinyl fences are some of the best types of fencing on the market today. These fences are incredibly durable, add great curb appeal to one’s property in Northern, VA, and are exceptionally easy to maintain. If you are in the market for a new fence at your home in Northern, VA, here are some reasons why you can’t go wrong with a vinyl fence.
- A vinyl fence can last for longer than 20 years if properly maintained with periodic washings using soap and water.
- Vinyl fencing is resistant to insect infestation. Insects cannot chew, burrow or scratch through vinyl fencing like they do on wood. This is one of the unique features that makes a vinyl fence last a long time.
- Vinyl fencing holds up to any climate whereas wood can rot and warp in extremely moist climates and iron fences can rust. In extremely dry climates, the sun and wind will dry out wooden fences and become discolored while iron fences become scratched and bleached. The strong plastic makes a vinyl fence waterproof, and dust and dirt can be easily cleaned and doesn’t leave scratches or stains.
- Wash your vinyl fence with soap and water to keep its appearance appealing to your family and to the other Northern, VA neighboring homes. Properly maintaining your fence will prolong its lifespan.
- Although vinyl fences can burn, most have a flash point of 900 degrees Fahrenheit, so they do not ignite easily. Holding a flame to your fence will cause it to burn, but take the flame away and the fence will self-extinguish itself. That is great to know for those backyard barbeques and fireworks at your Northern, VA home. If a vinyl fence is exposed to extreme heat, it will melt, not burn. This means no stray embers or prolonged fire.
- Unlike wood that is treated with chemicals, vinyl fencing is not treated with any harsh or hazardous chemicals. It is also recyclable.
So if you are in the market for a new fence, you might want to consider a new vinyl fence for your Northern, VA home. As you can see, it is a great choice for homes in the Northern, VA area.