Problems That Require Vinyl Fence Repair for Homes in Warrenton, VA?
Many of our clients in Warrenton, VA, express an interest in vinyl fences. These fences have become very popular, but many present worries about maintenance and repair. Unlike wood, which responds to temperature changes and can contract and expand, vinyl maintains its original form for a very long time. At Hal Co Fence, we also like the fact that you can install them during any season. It only requires that the ground is not frozen solid because it can interfere with the installation process.
Hal Co is a reputable fence contractor serving Warrenton, VA residents for over 30 years. We offer:
- Quality design, selection, installation and related services for your fence in Warrenton, VA following the highest safety procedures and industry standards.
- In partnership, we will evaluate your fence project requirements and develop a comprehensive installation plan.
- Personalized customer service before, during and after installing your fence in Warrenton, VA to minimize your disruption and maximize your comfort.
In our article below, we will address the issue of vinyl fence repairs in Warrenton, VA, and why you should consider installing one on your property.
Advantages of Vinyl Fences
- Year-round installation
As we have alluded above, you can install the vinyl fence any time of the year. When you call us in for a consultation, we will inspect the ground condition to ensure that it is workable. During winter, the ground may freeze, thus making it impossible for us to carry out the installation. However, if the ground conditions allow, we can easily proceed.
- Fast installation
The installation process is fast, and we will be out of your property before you know it. The panels and posts are light, meaning we will not cause any damage to your landscaping.
- Aesthetic value
Vinyl fences are very attractive and can be an excellent addition to your landscaping. You also get the privacy that you would not have if you install a split ring or chain link fence.
With proper installation, as you would have if you consult our company, your vinyl fence can easily last up to 30 years. The material does not peel, crack, blister, or chip, so it keeps looking good over a long time. They are also resistant to mildew, pests, or mold and can withstand extreme weather conditions. You must, however, ensure that you take good care of it and carry out the relevant repair work as soon as the need arises.
- Pet friendly
You will enjoy the fact that the fences are pet friendly because they resist damage from your loved animals. Hence, even if your cats and dogs may like to jump, scratch, or dig beneath the fence, they will not impact on the fence. You also do not have to worry about rotting or degradation.
- Pool fences
Moisture and chemicals will impact on the wood, and that is why we advise our clients to avoid using wood around pools. With the vinyl fences, you get resistance and long-term usage without requiring maintenance work such as painting or staining.
Vinyl Fence Repair in Warrenton, VA
Despite the advantages that come with the installation of a vinyl fence, you need to take good care of it. It requires that you carry out regular inspections to check that everything is as it should be. Like any other material, despite their durability, vinyl fences sustain damage from accidents, projectiles, or storms. Frost, for example, may push posts out of the ground due to the expansion and contraction of the frozen soil.
In the case that certain parts need repairing or replacing, we would advise that you call us in as soon as possible. Letting the damage stay for a long time can exacerbate the situation and lead to costly repairs. The one advantage you have with regards to vinyl fences is that repair work will not be as costly as, say, wood fence repairs.
So What Can You Expect for Vinyl Fence Repair in Warrenton, VA?
- Determining the cost of vinyl fence repair in Warrenton, VA
When you call in the experts from Hal Co Fence, we will carry out an inspection to determine the extent of the damage. It may be minimal, requiring us to do very little repair work. In such instances, all we may need to do is plug a few cracks or holes, and you are good to go. In other cases, the damages may be expensive and may involve repair work over multiple panels or sections.
When coming up with the overall cost, we look at the extent of damage, cost of material, and how much labor will go into the work. We keep our costs transparent, and we will walk you through the estimate.
- Post sleeve repairs
Vinyl posts or vinyl sleeves, as we may sometimes refer to them, have a hollow design. During the installation process, we slip the post over wooden poles. It gives them the stability they need and significantly contributes to the overall aesthetic appeal. You will find different sizes and styles depending on the look you’re going for. If you experience any damage to the posts or sleeves, you will need to repair them to avoid further damage.
When you call us in to do repair work early on, you may be able to keep the repair cost low. In this case, we use a repair kit or patch to fix any holes or scratches. In the case that the posts are loose, we will carry out a reset. The repair may include the use of concrete to stabilize the foundation.
- Repairing the gate
The gate is a critical component with regards to the stability of your vinyl fence. If the person doing the installation did not do it properly, you could have some problems in the long run. Some of the areas we look at during vinyl fence repair in Warrenton, VA include:
- The frame supports the gate. If it is inadequate or missing, we will need to do repair work immediately.
- Bracing is important to avoid leaning or sagging of the fence. We typically install heavy gauge vinyl braces, taking into consideration the width of the gate. For larger gates of 5 feet and above, we advise on the need for additional bracing.
- Foundation—when installing the vinyl fence, we dig the foundation to a minimum of 3 feet. Where there is repair work, we remove the post, clean the hole, pour the concrete, and reset the post.
- Cracked vinyl fences could be as a result of falling branches or something hitting against the fence forcefully. In the situation that the crack is extensive, we recommend replacing that particular panel. Taking on a repair job in such a case may compromise the overall beauty of the fence.
- Fence caps are decorative pieces that we put on top of the posts. Over time, they may fall off, and in this case, all you need to do is use some glue to put it back. In such a case, we use a special type of glue to ensure it stays on.
- Reinforcing the post—in the case that the installing company used wooden posts, we advise on the use of aluminum beams for proper support.
- Hinges—overtime, the hinges may come loose. In this case, we recommend heavy gauge stainless steel hinges for proper support and durability.
- Minor damages—in the case that you do not need to replace the entire panel, we use body filler to plug holes or scratches. It is a less costly option to replacing an entire panel.
- Parts replacement—in some instances, we may advise that you consider replacing instead of repairing damages. It could be due to the extent of the damage or where we will see that the repair work could be more costly. Some of the parts to replace may include the pickets, post, the rails, or parts of the gate. We can only tell what we need to do once we conduct the site visit.
- Maintenance—one of the most critical maintenance processes you need to schedule is cleaning. You can do it on an annual or seasonal basis with a power washer. If you use the wrong settings, you could irreparably damage the vinyl fence. That is why we would advise you to let the professionals handle the task.
Call Hal Co Fence today for your vinyl fence repair in Warrenton, VA.
Hal Co Fence has been in the business for over 40 years, and we have thousands of happy customers. We understand everything to do with vinyl fence installation and repair. We work with pre-qualified suppliers who supply us with the highest quality material to ensure you enjoy long-term usage of your fence. Our team is ready at your convenience to inspect your fence and carry out the necessary repairs you may need.