Which is Better? New Deck or Wood Deck Repair in Leesburg, VA
Do you have a deck attached to your house? Has it been a while since it’s had any TLC? Have things gotten bad enough that most of your family is no longer comfortable enough to venture out onto it? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then it sounds like you could benefit from our wood deck repair service in Leesburg, VA.
In the vast majority of cases, we’ll be able to restore your aging deck to like-new condition for pennies on the dollar compared with the cost of having the old deck torn down and having something new built in its place.
In some cases, though, the damage is just too extensive, and the right answer is to simply start over. We won’t know until we’ve had a chance to assess the damage for ourselves, so when you call on us, coming out to your property to take a look at the deck will be our first step.
Whatever we find, we’ll give you our professional recommendation and a free, no-obligation estimate, so you’ll know exactly what the wood deck repair on your Leesburg, VA will cost.
Don’t have a deck yet? We can help with that too! In fact, our skilled craftsmen love the challenges that come with building custom creations for the clients we serve. Understand, though, that a custom deck project is significantly more involved than simple wood deck repairs on your Leesburg, VA property, so we’ll need to work quite closely with you to be sure we fully understand your vision.
The more details and particulars we can capture from you before the build begins, the happier you’ll be with the final result.
If you know you want a custom deck but you’re not sure exactly what you want and are having trouble seeing the details clearly, we invite you to spend some time browsing through the extensive collection of photos we keep elsewhere on the site.
Doing so will give you two important advantages. First and foremost, it will give you the chance to see the quality of the workmanship our craftsmen are capable of. Second, it’s sure to give you all sorts of great ideas for your own custom build.
Once your vision is firmly crystalized in your mind’s eye, we’ll sit down with you and collect the details, using them to create a project plan. Among other things, we’ll be asking questions like:
- How big is your dream deck?
- How do you access the deck from inside your home? How do you access your yard from the deck?
- Do you envision your deck as existing all on one level, or because of the slope of your property, do you need something that exists on two or more levels that step gradually down into your yard?
- Will you need stairs? If so, what should they look like? What about safety rails? If so, what should those look like?
- Will your dream deck be one giant, open space, or do you see it as being made up of a number of distinctly defined areas, each with their own specific functions?
- Will you want extras like a built-in picnic table, built-in bench-style seating, or hidden storage compartments?
- Should we leave space for a wet bar or hot tub?
- What material do you want your custom deck built out of?
As you can see, there’s a lot to this kind of project, and the last question is of particular interest. Broadly speaking, where building materials are concerned, you’ve got two choices. You can build your dream deck out of pressure treated lumber or some type of composite material.
Wooden decks are slightly cheaper to build initially, and you’ll find that wood deck repairs in Leesburg, VA are somewhat cheaper than composite deck repairs, but wooden decks have more in the way of periodic upkeep. Our recommendation is that once we’ve got your new deck built or your existing deck refurbished, you have the following done on an annual basis:
- An inspection, and any incremental repairs that may be needed
- A power washing to keep your wooden deck looking like new
- Sanding, re-staining, and re-sealing, to help protect your investment from the elements
Contrast that with composite decks, which are somewhat more expensive to build initially and generally speaking, are a little more expensive to repair, but which require less in terms of periodic maintenance. About all you’ll need to do is have your deck inspected on an annual basis so incremental repairs can be made and give it a quick wash with a damp cloth and warm water with a bit of gentle cleaner.
Ultimately, there are no right answers here. It comes down to your budget and your personal preferences. In any event, once we’ve captured all the details of your vision, we’ll use that information to create a project plan.
We’ll give the plan to you for final review and approval along with a free estimate. Then, assuming you’re comfortable with our estimate, we’ll dispatch one of our veteran build crews to your property, and before you know it, you’ll have the deck you’ve always wanted!
In addition to handling standard wood deck repairs in Leesburg, VA and building custom deck creations for our clients, we can also restore fencing and porches to their former glory, install new fences, and build custom porches for our clients who want them.
Our process where porches are concerned is broadly similar to our process for custom decks, but the questions will understandably be somewhat different and include things like:
- What type of porch do you want? Front porch? Side porch? Back porch? Or maybe you want one that wraps part way around your house. If so, how far?
- Will the new porch tie onto any existing decks or porches? If so, how will the two be connected?
- Do you want your porch to be standard width, or would you like something extra wide, so there’s plenty of room for a porch swing and other outdoor furniture?
- Will your porch need steps? If so, what should they look like? Will it need safety rails? If so, which should those look like?
- What do you want your porch made out of?
- Do you want your porch screened in?
Screened porches are incredibly popular in this part of the country, being a fantastic way to enjoy the views and vistas our area is famous for while keeping the bugs that live in the great outdoors from being able to enjoy you.
Are you a cat owner? If you are, then have you considered turning your back or side porch into a catio for your four-legged friends? If you’ve never heard the term, be sure to do a quick search on Pinterest. You’ll find literally hundreds of examples that will blow you away, and we can easily incorporate cat-friendly elements into any porch design. If you can dream it, we can build it!
Earlier, we mentioned fencing, and you should know that we can design and build any sort of custom fence you may need, from the small and ornamental to large, intricately carved privacy fences that can be used to create a secluded backyard paradise for you and your family. We can even build with exotic, hard to source materials if that’s your preference.
Here’s the bottom line: We’ve been proudly serving the area for decades. We didn’t start out as the top-rated fencing, decking, and porch company, but we worked hard and steadily built our reputation by exceeding the expectations of every client we worked with.
Since we’re locally owned and operated, we don’t have to answer to some far-flung corporate office, which means that we can focus on giving each customer what they want and need. You can consider us to be your one-stop shop where your outdoor spaces are concerned.
When you’re ready to stop dreaming and start building, just give our office a call and let us know what your needs are. We’ll take good care of you, and we’ll be there when you need us.