Many homeowners prefer the classic look of a wood fence in Springfield, VA. Wood fences are available in a wide range of styles and finishes, so you can choose the style of wood fence and select the finish that best suits your exterior architecture. Some homeowners choose to leave their wood fence in Springfield, VA, natural, while others paint or stain their wood fence. While this depends on individual taste and preference, be aware that paint can peel under the extreme stress of the freeze-thaw cycle, while stain can better weather the elements.
When selecting your new wood fence in Springfield, VA, keep in mind the following tips:
- The size of your enclosed area, the height of your wood fence in Springfield, VA, and the wood species you select will influence your total fence cost. Prices are quoted in linear feet. The purpose of your wood fencing and any additional features you incorporate (gates, post caps, toppers, lighting, et. al.) will obviously add to your total investment.
- Local building codes and by-laws of your home owner’s association will dictate specific requirements on any wood fence installation, specifically requirements for fence materials, post-hole footings, picket spacing and setback distances from property lines. Factor these into your comprehensive fence plan.
- Remember to contact Miss Utility of Virginia early in your planning process (dial 811 in Virginia or 1-800-552-7001). The location of underground utilities could change your scope of work.
- Most homeowners hire a reputable, professional fence contractor like Hal Co, with training and experience installing wood fences in Springfield, VA, for over three decades. Verify licensing and insurance, and contact all references. Discuss the specifics about product warranties and wood fence maintenance.
- Choices in wood species for wood fences in Springfield, VA, range from more economical Southern White Pine and Western Red Cedar, to naturally rot and pest-resistant Cypress and Redwood. Experts recommend purchasing the highest quality wood fence you can afford to minimize maintenance, prevent deterioration and prolong the life of your wood fence in Springfield, VA.
With improved sealants and stains, weatherproofing protection, and extended warranties to back up the long-term performance of many fence products, buying a wood fence for Springfield, VA landscapes is a long-term investment in the enhanced look and performance of your property. Call the experienced local professionals at Hal Co when you need a quality wood fence in Springfield, VA.