As with any new project that you decide to do to your home in Springfield, VA, a fence installation needs to be well planned, and certain things need to be considered before you start your project.
Check Local Fencing Rules and Regulations
Some HOA (Home Owners Association) in Springfield, VA have special requirements and certain restrictions when it comes to the type of fence they will permit such as:
- Height of fence
- Location of fence
- Style of fence
- Fence material
This is something you need to find out before proceeding with any plans so that you know what fence material and style of fence you are allowed to have in your neighborhood.
Purpose of Fence
- Keep children and pets safe
- Maximize privacy
- Enhance your landscaping
- Concealing a swimming pool
- Enclosing property
Once you have considered your purpose for wanting to build a fence, you need to decide on the type of fence installation you want. Below is a list of fences material for different fence functions:
Material Suggestions for Different Fence Functions
- Enclosure—Aluminum, steel, vinyl, or chain link
- Privacy—Wood, vinyl, or composite
- Security—Wood or steel chain link
- Decorative—Steel, composite, vinyl, or aluminum
- Garden/Farm—Wood rail or vinyl rail
When considering what material you want for your fence installation, keep in mind the maintenance aspect of the fence.
- Wood fencing is an all time favorite. It is not only attractive but also one of the least expensive fencing options you can buy. You can stain it or paint it any color you like, and it comes in many different styles. Wood fencing does require a lot of You would need to stain or paint your wood fence every couple of years to keep it looking new.
- Vinyl fencing comes in a wide range of styles. It does not warp, rot or blister. Although it has a higher cost upfront, it is somewhat maintenance free. A little soap and water and it will look
- Aluminum fencing is versatile, durable, and affordable. It requires very little It comes in many different shapes and designs to match or compliment your home. It is a one-time investment that should last decades without replacement.
- Steel is very strong but quite expensive.
- Chain-link fencing is durable and maintenance free without the frills in appearance as in other fencing. It is also inexpensive.
Hiring a Contractor
- Hal Co is a premier fence and deck contractor servicing the Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. Metropolitan area since 1981. They have been improving the outdoor lifestyle of many families in Springfield, VA with their high-quality fence installations, decks, and porches.