Wood Fences to Suit Your Style in Falls Church, VA
Traditional wood fences define the character of your home in Falls Church, VA. Homeowners need to choose a wood fence that is practical for its purposes such as having a safe place for young children or small pets to play, to gain privacy, to block wind or noise from a busy highway, or to keep your pool area safe.
The right wood fence will improve your home’s curb appeal and the property’s value in Falls Church, VA. Hal Co Fence will be glad to help you with your selection and fence installation at your home in Falls Church, VA, one that will suit your style of living while keeping within your budget.
For over 400 years wood fences have been an all-time favorite for residential fencing in this country. Wood fences are inexpensive and lightweight and can be easily shaped to give your Falls Church, VA property character. There are plenty of styles to choose from including picket, vertical board, lattice, post and rail, and louver.
The cost of wood fences in Falls Church, VA will depend on the style you choose and also the type of wood you select such as—
- Southern yellow pine is an inexpensive choice that will need to be treated to resist insects and rot and remove its sap.
- Douglas fir is a northwestern softwood that is stable and strong with less rot resistance than that of red cedar or redwood.
- Cypress comes from southern swamps, is a tan relative of redwood that is stable and sap-free.
- Redwood is a premium western softwood that is stable and sap-free. Clear grades are quite costly.
- Eastern white cedar grows from New England to Minnesota and is stable and sap-free with small tight knots and one of your pricier choices of wood fences in Falls Church, VA.
- Western red cedar is a Pacific Northwest wood that has a superior rot and insect resistance, stable and sap-free.
Whitewood is a catchall term used for inferior species of wood such as spruce, pine, and fir that is used in cheaper fence panels. Whitewood needs to be treated to resist rot and insects and does not have near the lifespan of woods that are naturally rot-resistant.
With so many different woods to choose from and plenty of styles for your property in Falls Church, VA, let Hal Co Fence help you with your wood fence selection. They will sit down with you and discuss all your different options to give your property the character you are looking for while adding to your property’s curb appeal and its value.