Screened porches are some of the most popular home additions, probably because they act as a connector between the indoors and outdoors. Screened porches let in the beauty of nature, without letting in the bugs that go along with all that nature. A screened porch for your Northern Virginia home will also add curb appeal and value to your home, and you want yours done right.
Below are a few things you should consider when thinking about a screened porch for your Northern Virginia home.
- Is there sufficient room to the property line, clearance of septic or sewer systems?
- Is the area clear of trees?
- What are the homeowners associations or county requirements for proper clearance from the home to property lines?
- Where do mature trees lie on your property and in relation to your future porch? Do trees need to be removed? Can mature trees fall on your new porch?
Doorway and roof tie-ins
- Are there existing doors or windows on that wall?
- Are doorway and roof tie-ins required?
- How will the new addition affect the look of your existing home?
- How will these materials be integrated into the “look” of your home?
- How will these materials hold up and what long-term maintenance is required?
- Will the walls constantly need pressure washing, or are the materials treated to remain healthy in the Northern Virginia climate?
Looking for more expert design advice for your Centreville, Great Falls, Reston, or other Northern Virginia area screened porch? Please contact Hal Co Fence today, to discuss building the screened porch of your dreams. Established in 1981, Hal Co Fence has installed thousands of quality fences, decks, and screened porches throughout the Northern Virginia area, and specialize in the design and installation of custom screen porches.