Once you decide you are going to build a fence on your property in Alexandria, VA, you might ask yourself whether you are going to attempt to do the work yourself; that is if you enjoy do–it–yourselfer projects around the home. If you aren’t a DIY homeowner or think the task is too big a project for you to handle, you’re left with hiring a qualified fence contractor. This, in itself, can be a tedious job.
Choosing from various materials and styles for your fence project in Alexandria, VA can be just as tedious, and then some. Therefore, hiring the right fence contractor for the job who is trustworthy, experienced, knowledgeable, and affordable is a must.
Before starting your search for a fence contractor in the Alexandria, VA area, you should have some idea of the type of material you want to be used in the construction of your fence. Wood, vinyl, and aluminum have become quite popular in the Alexandria, VA area because these types of materials are affordable and easy to install.
Also, you want some idea of the style of fence you want to be installed at your Alexandria, VA property. Some popular types are picket, privacy, and semi–privacy, and within these styles are other various designs.
Once you attain the names of a few fence contractors who serve the Alexandria, VA area, that you are considering, there are several questions worth asking to fully know about material and installation pricing, start time, and approximately finish date.
- Does the fence contractor pull permits if needed?
- Will the fence contractor contact the utility company to verify the location of any possible buried lines?
- Does the contractor provide a written contract?
- Will the fence contractor provide you with references to previous customers around Alexandria, VA?
- What is the contractor\’s policy on cleanup and removing waste?
- What kind of warranty does the fence contractor offer on installation? Manufacturer’s materials warranty?
Call the team at Hal Co Fence, and they will answer any questions you have regarding their policies and warranties on the products and services they offer.