Split rail fencing has been used for decades around Alexandria, VA homes to define the perimeter of property, while adding a decorative touch as well. When considering a split rail fence for your home, consider the benefits of red cedar wood over traditional materials such as pine, spruce and hemlock. Here’s why:
- Red cedar split rail fencing is more weather-resistant than other traditionally used materials. The natural properties of red cedar allow it to repel water and withstand the dramatic temperature changes in Catlett, VA.
- The natural composition of red cedar split rail fencing also repels and resists insects better than other types. The natural cedar scent is used in homes – in artificial forms of course – to deter insects in closets and other dark places, so it only makes sense that it would work in nature as well.
- The natural, rough, uncut and uneven appearance of red cedar split rail fencing also is appealing to those looking for a rustic feel. If you are however hoping for a perfect fence with all pieces the same shape and size, red cedar split rail fencing is probably not the best choice for your Fairfax Station, VA home.
- Red cedar split rail fencing is perhaps one of the most cost effective fencing styles for defining boundaries, decorative purposes or even fencing large animals such as horses and livestock.
- Ease of installation and relatively maintenance free use makes red cedar split rail fencing perfect for the busy lifestyle of many Herndon, VA homeowners.
When choosing fencing for your Northern Virginia property, contact the area’s leading fence experts at Hal Co Fence. Established in 1981, we have provided quality products and services at a reasonable cost to customers for more than 25 years.