There are some exciting trends in wood decks in Fairfax, VA for 2013. Colors and textures, exotic woods, functional accessories, and durable, resistant materials make for a new horizon in deck building. Here are some highlights along with tips on deck design and construction.
- If you have an existing wood deck, or are thinking of building a replacement deck, wait until you see how easy today\’s deck living can be. Deck tiles are manufactured of eco-friendly, rot-resistant material and can simply be snapped together and set in place. They are available in teak, and other exotic woods like ipe and cherry from the Amazon, which have natural mold and rot-resistant properties. You can also consider a natural stone tile.
- Regardless of your decking selections, pressure treated lumber is the standard for construction of the floor framing and support structure of your deck. Make sure you use galvanized steel nails so they don\’t rust into and discolor the surface of your deck, and be sure to insist on high-tech flashing for less protected joints and seams.
- Permeable pavers provide the perfect approach to your new deck while serving to filter storm water for environmentally friendly run-off management.
- Huge hanging baskets are everywhere this year! Find creative ways to fill yours with annuals, variegated perennials, and fragrant flowers.
- Large, multi-level decks invite gatherings and relaxation.
- Low-voltage task and pedestrian lighting bring a sophisticated glow to your evenings.
- Once your new deck is built spend time and money for a quality seal to protect the wood from sun, wind and water, and extend it\’s useful life.
These insights keep you ahead of today\’s trends in wood decks in Fairfax, VA. With proper selection and care, your deck can be your personal retreat for many years to come.