Are you looking out at your wooden deck in Leesburg, VA and wondering what you can do to makeover your deck? Has it lost its luster? Has it become dull and gray? Try some of these easy makeovers for your older wooden deck at your home in Leesburg, VA.
- First and foremost is a good cleaning. Power washing your deck and possibly fixing a few bad boards and then a coat of sealant can bring back the luster of older wooden decks for homes in Leesburg, VA. This will ensure you that your wooden deck will look great for years to come. A good coat of stain or clear finish wards off dirt, wear, and UV rays and also helps to prevent deck splinters. However, remember wooden decks require to be cleaned and stained every couple of years depending on where you live in Leesburg, VA. Wooded areas are harsher on decks than clear areas.
- Put up a privacy screen around your deck to give you added privacy when entertaining or just want to relax in private. Bamboo fencing or lattice panels are perfect for adding privacy to wooden decks. A trellis with climbing plants can also create a privacy screen.
- Paint a design on your wooden deck to resemble a rug or purchase a decking rug to add a little pizzazz to your deck.
- Add solar lighting so that when the sun goes down your wooden deck at your Leesburg, VA home can come alive. Solar lighting comes in all different designs and sizes. You do not have to plug them in or wire anything. This type of lighting lights up when it gets dark and will fade away in about 4-6 hours depending on the type. The solar charged batteries are renewed each day and will withstand most weather elements.
- Add planters with lots of flowers or potted trees to give your wooden deck in Leesburg, VA a calm and serene atmosphere.
Whatever makeover improvements you do to your Leesburg, VA wooden deck should provide you with a summertime full of enjoyable times with family and friends.